INGREDIENTS for a large bundt pan
- 6 sheets of phyllo pastry
- 1kg courgettes cut into cubes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch of herbs (mint, parsley, dill), chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 5 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 lt milk
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbed
- 1 cup graviera cheese (or cheddar), grated
- 3 eggs
- salt, pepper
- For the cheese cream: in a small saucepan heat the olive oil add the four and whisk well. Gradually start adding the milk while whisking until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and add the eggs and cheeses. Whisk well to make a nice thick sauce. Season and set aside.
- In a deep frying pan saute onion and courgettes in 2-3 tbsp of olive oil until tender. Add the chopped herbs, season and set aside.
- Mix half the courgettes with the cheese cream.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 oC.
- Oli a large bundt pan and spread the phyllo on it very carefully, oiling each sheet as you go. Spread the rest of the courgettes at the bottom and then pour in the courgette-cheese cream on top. If you cannot cover with the phyllo add another one on top.
- Bake for 1/2 an hour then turn the pie over on a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper and continue baking for another 1/5 an hour until the phyllo is crisp and golden.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest before serving.
Recipe taken from here.